- 1kg of body fat is 9000 kilocal. But inside body fat has 20% water. So That means 9000kcal x 80% + 7200 cal of body fat. Which means to burn off 1 whole kilogram of pure body fat you need to burn off 7200 calories!!
- Egg whites are full of amino acids, fat free and contain 26.5 grams of protein per cupThis food is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a very good source of Protein, Riboflavin and Selenium.Make a 3 egg white omelet for breakfast , it has less calories and is packed with protein.
- Did you know alcohol has 7 calories per gram… where carbohydrates has only 4 calories per gram… so do those sugar free drinks make sense?
- Water is a natural appetite suppressant ,it has zero calories and drinking water daily actually speeds up weight loss and boosts your metabolism.
- Did you know that the largest human organ is the skin? Take extra care of it! SPF 30+ on your face and body daily….The sun is not what it used to be.
- Did you know that Vitamin A is a powerful anti-oxidant and has many health benefits, but taking too much vitamin A (in the preformed state, also known as Retinol) can lead to vitamin A poisoning?So when shopping for vitamin A supplements, always look for beta-carotene (pro-vitamin A). Beta-carotene is non-toxic. Our bodies will turn beta-carotene into Retinol only when it is needed. So there is little chance of Retinol poisoning.
- Carrots have zero fat content and are loaded with Vitamin A
- Botanically speaking, the banana is a herb and the Tomato is a fruit.
- An onion, apple and potato all have the same taste. The differences in flavor are caused by their smell. (that’s pretty amazing!)
- 1cup of shredded lettuce has less than 10 calories.
- Tobacco- smoking Cigarettes depletes Vitamin C which is a major antioxidant (I call the youth antioxidant) which is essential in the maintaining of collagen in the skin. Collagen is what gives you that youthful plump look. That is why many smokers have dry wrinkly and scaly skin. Lets not even mention the danger of it causing Cancer.
- Vitamin D is an important fat-soluble vitamin which helps your body absorb Calcium. It is produced by the body when the skin is exposed to sunlight. So get at least 10-20 minutes direct sunlight every day.
- Dark Chocolate has antioxidants, so if you’re going to indulge choose dark chocolate.
Hope you got you thinking!